How do I find out if my child is eligible for speech therapy services if there seems to be a delay?

Keep in mind that sometimes children are “on the verge” of developing new skills and there is a range of typical development.  Contact your pediatrician and share your concerns. Be able to share what you think your child should be doing developmentally and what skills you are not yet seeing.  It never hurts to reach out and ask for a speech and language evaluation.  If your child is under the age of three, you can contact the early intervention provider agency in your area.  A physician’s referral may not be needed.